MagEZ iPad 5th Gen Case 2021 Review
I’ve received the MagEZ Case for my new iPad last week and will now provide pictures and comments about this case. These comments are solely my opinion and your experience might be different.
The packages arrived in a bulky but light package with lots of bubble wrap. That was very pleasant to see as I do know how transport companies treat parcels sometime.
After slicing through all the wrap I held two packages in my hand, one for my 12.9″ iPad, the other for my mothers 11″. Since the 11″ is a gift I can only review the 12.9″
Additionally the included a very nice fabric/paper bag with unassuming branding (which could have been a bit smaller, as it still does stand out. But since the company name is rather unknown I don’t think anybody would care)
Package was pristine and minimalistic (which I like, no unnecessary waste)
The Cover itself fits perfectly, looks nice (well, it is black after all) and I think does the job adequately.
- fits really well
- extremely light, almost not noticeable
- looks really good
- buttons all work nice even though they are covered as well
- works flawlessly on the Magic Keyboard
- material really of good sturdy quality
- it should have had some sort
of silicone or felt lip to prevent dust ingress - I fear that dust and small particles might ingress and scratch the iPad with out me knowing
EDIT: After using it I have yet to experience any dust ingress. I still think adding some lip based on silicone would be good but it is no longer a con for me.
- the cutouts where the hinge of the Magic Keyboard is located seem much bigger than needed and leave the lower edges of the iPad exposed. There would have been enough space to mostly protect the edges as well.
- the lower end (in landscape mode) is completely unprotected. I would have appreciated some included film that we could stick on that side to prevent at least some scratching
All in all I think the price is rectified and there is no comparable product on the market. I would recommend it to anyone with a Magic Keyboard and bought one for my mothers 11 inch as well. I do hope that my cons will be rectified in a later version (MagEZ Case 2022?) and would buy that again if they did.
Changes from my initial thoughts:
I at first thought the material felt fragile and was not sure how long it would last but after using it for a while now it is really sturdy and I trust it a lot.